Sunday, April 28, 2013

Ode to Woden

 

Author: GMS75
 (Wodensday)


Passion and Grace...Strength and Courage....
a conflagration that touches the listless and dying, searing the despair and hopelessness from human forms...
embracing the child in all of us -
Divine Bellows resounding through all and everything..... The Spirit renewing the old with the new.
Displacing sour wine of our youth with the eternal fruits born of trials...tears...and victory.
This Flame still lives within me...
The blood of my ancestors course my veins
like the stallions lead...

Every moment, I am born anew.
Reflections of mine own, Mystical archetypes, nameless in essence..
countless in forms....but still comprise the horizons of my Life..
and the tempest of my "death".

Divine ...is the Mother of us All...
Holy .....is the call of the Heathen Pantheon...
Mundane ....are the fears and anguish that
befall me now.

I loose the sceath from my waist...
the Broadsword bemoans its eternal respite.

Here by the River...close to Asgard...
I stand alone.

Gregory S.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Posted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:29 PM CST
About this poem:
Hmmmm...it's a long story. It's a very old story.

No comments: