Sunday, April 10, 2016

"When I look into your Eyes"

"When I Look into your Eyes"


I've seen the ends of the earth my love...
I've seen life begin,
and felt the tears fall at its demise.

...but when I look into your eyes,
I see more than the ocean and the shore...
I see my reflection,
never so clear...
as if a glimpse into eternity ,
I wonder how could I want you more?

These days grow shorter...
and the sun still casts a favorable shadow
against the purple hills and these dry desert towns...
as if a living picture frame,
sharing its beauty with posterity
and this fortunate bystander.

....but when I look in your eyes,
I see a soul that has lived in the light
Against  a backdrop of darkness.....
gathering what is gained, letting go of what is lost...
commuted is the life of empty smiles now,
longing for joy unsurpassed,
 a Love Divine.

I hear the whispers
of a woman who lends first and always....
I see in you the mysterious night skies....dark azure windows..
Your dance scattered across the horizons,
your dance so lovely....
So lovely.

...these things, and more I see when I look in your eyes.


Greg Sexton




No comments: